Sam Bourne: And My Righteous Indignation


Now, I do admit that it's mighty easy to smear the work of others. But I'm doing it now. Without further preamble, let me tell you that I found this book The Righteous Men by Sam Bourne a huge let down. There isn't a story in there. But guess why I picked it up? Because the tag read - The end of the world is coming. One body at a time. Boy! That’s dramatic by any standards and then the first page was pretty taught too. And I was suckered. I must admit, that I read this book through, trying to figure out what I'd missed as I turned the pages. It turned out that I didn't miss much.

There’s even a review by Mirror right on the cover that reads: the biggest challenger to Dan Brown's crown. Pha! Nothing could be further from the truth. I enjoyed Dan Brown's da Vinci Code immensely. The logic there was woven in well, plotted studiously and the pace never slackened even when the story swung into historic detailing. But that's not the case here. It’s plain boring. And the code breaking here isn't well explained. At least Brown drew it out for you. Here, Bourne, just describes it in the most vague manner. I didn't get it, I swear.

This man was trying mightily to do another Dan Brown. I wonder if Brown himself could do it again, let alone others. Spend your money elsewhere, because as sure as eggs are eggs, this is a rotten one.

I’m sorry Sam; it doesn’t feel good to be an armchair critic. God forbid, if I were to write a book and were to read such a review, I’d want to personally rip the critic apart. But Sam, Sam… the promise of grandeur that was apparent on the cover of your first fiction work didn’t go beyond the cover. Why!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Samiyo’s Revenge

How To Fart And Not Get Caught